Páginas

6.12.10

With Hope & Honesty


Art is overwhelming and infinite. At least it has been infinitely overwhelming for me. It has been a shelter and a burden. It has meant confusion and chaos as well as the ultimate soothing consolation. Since I can recall I have used drawing as a way to change my reality, meanwhile, reality always influenced my drawing. At times self-indulgent, at times self-denying, art finally represents for me the everyday exercise of trust and surrender. This exercise means the acceptance of the imminent things, the one that scares us the most–Love, death, life.


When I draw, my brain wonders through the lines and discovers new directions, possibilities, and answers that give meaning to the uncertainty of it all. For many reasons I have prevented my self from achieving a formal education in Fine Arts. It might have been the fear, the doubt, the unknown or even the already known. Today I realize that fulfilling this need and being true to my self is my uttermost priority and I am gathering all my courage to answer that call.


Art is imminent for me.

No comments: